Problem with MailScanner on FreeBSD 7.2 w/sendmail

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Thu Apr 16 17:18:57 IST 2009

Hi,

I have a 7.2-prelease system that I am trying to get sendmail and
MailScanner running on and for some reason sendmail isn't listening on
*.smtp, though it is listening on localhost.smtp.

If I remove MailScanner from the mix and run sendmail in the
conventional way (with sendmail_enable="YES" specified in /etc/rc.conf)
then things work as expected (except no MailScanner, of course).

I currently have a running 6.4-stable system, that this new 7.2 system
is scheduled to replace, that is using the same MailScanner and sendmail
configuration files and it is working ok (and has been for a long time).

I suspect that I'm simply missing some configuration option here that
I've overlooked or that may have changed between 6.4 and 7.2, but don't
really know where to look.

My FreeBSD version is:
FreeBSD boss-nass 7.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE #0: Wed Apr 15 10:46:32 CDT 2009 amd64

sendmail:
Version 8.14.3
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2
                SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB XDEBUG

MailScanner:
MailScanner-4.67.6_4

Any help or tips on things to do/check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox              The trouble with doing something right the first
bob at immure.com           time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.