MailScanner installer

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Mon Apr 13 11:53:33 IST 2009

Hi Jules,

> The installer no longer "forces" the install of any Perl module. So you can
> upgrade Perl independently at any time without it clashing with any of
> MailScanner's Perl modules. Hopefully this will make quite a few of you
> happier :-)
>
> All modules install cleanly on RedHat Enterprise 4 and 5, CentOS 4 and 5, and
> Fedora Core 9 and 10. Those are what I have tested it on and ironed out all
> the problems on.
>
> There are several command-line options to the installer that you should know
> about. "./install.sh --help" will print these.
>
> ./install.sh fast ---- Skip all the waiting and pausing in the installation
> process.
> ./install.sh reinstall ---- Uninstall all the Perl modules first, before
> reinstalling them all again. Useful if you think something has got corrupted.
> ./install.sh nomodules ---- Do not install any of the supporting Perl
> modules, just install tnef and MailScanner and nothing else.
>
> I have done quite a bit of testing on this installer, but please do try it on
> your individual systems and check that it all works and produces a working
> system.
>
> Cheers, and enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend, those of you in countries
> (like me) that are lucky enough to have today off work!

Tested and installed just fine on 2 CentOS 5.3 machines.

Perhaps you could create the Lock file dir also?

Apr 13 12:20:48 server4 MailScanner: Could not read directory /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Locks
Apr 13 12:20:48 server4 MailScanner: Error in configuration file line 2845, directory /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Locks for lockfiledir does not exist (or is not readable)

Manually created it and then it was fine, but perhaps just create it?

Thanks!
Raymond.