MailScanner, CentOS 5 and perl-IO & perl-File-Temp

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 4 20:44:05 IST 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 19:51 +0100, Julian Field wrote:

> On 3/4/09 22:37, Craig White wrote:

> >> Don't install the perl modules in the mailscanner package, you don't need
> >> them. The reason for this error is that the MIME-Tools package you
> >> installed wants these two rpm packages. The MIME-tools package is not
> >> correctly packed for Red Hat/CentOS systems as it requires packages that
> >> are part of the installed perl on them (and probably most other
> >> distributions, this require should get removed).
> >>
> > ----
> > Thanks...I'll look at that.
> >
> > Jules, comment?
> >
> I always just run the ./install.sh and everything works. If you don't
> then I can't guarantee what will happen. Feel free to ignore my guidance
> but don't come running to me if the resulting system doesn't work. :-)
----
so have I and it always has.

My whining was because CentOS brought out their 5.3 update which
included a perl update which we agree causes some issues. So I remove
the offending rpm's, update everything, re-install and am functional and
then a day later, another perl update came out and the gymnastics had to
be repeated.

They say that if you want respect for the end result, you never watch
how either laws or sausages are made. MailScanner might eventually make
the list  ;-)

Thanks Jules

Craig

believed to be clean.