Problem installing new version of Sophos

Howard Robinson Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:54:21 IST 2009

Dear all,
I have had a look at the archives and can see only one problem with Sophos install in the last 7 or 8 months.
That recommended using Sophos 6 and running /usr/sbin/Sophos.install

I tried this and got the following errors.
"
[root at mailscannerserver tmp]tar xzf sav-linux-6-i386.tgz
[root at mailscannerserver tmp]# cd sophos-av/
[root at mailscannerserver sophos-av]# /usr/sbin/Sophos.install

If you are trying to install Sophos version 5,
then please expand the tar file with a command like
    tar xzf sav-linux-5-i386.tgz
    cd sophos-av
Then run me again!

Press return to continue, or Ctrl-C to escape.

Clearing out old default Sophos installation libraries
Installing Sophos for MailScanner
Invalid command-line option: -v
Invalid command-line option: -d
Invalid command-line option: -s
Invalid command-line option: -ni
install.sh: Install Sophos Anti-Virus
Usage: ./install.sh [INSTALL-DIRECTORY] [OPTION] ...
OPTION:
  --help                             Display this help information
  --automatic                        Perform an automatic installation, using
                                       default or command-line options
  --acceptlicence                    Automatically accept the licence
  --autostart[=False]                Start the Sophos Anti-Virus daemons
                                       after the installation [Do not start
                                       them]
  --enableOnBoot[=False]             Start the Sophos Anti-Virus daemons
                                       on system boot [Do not start them]
  --ignore-existing-installation     Ignore any existing installation
  --SavWebUsername=USERNAME          Username for accessing Sophos Anti-Virus GUI
  --SavWebPassword=PASSWORD          Password for accessing Sophos Anti-Virus GUI
  --update-source-type=TYPE          Set the type of updates:
                                       TYPE=s Direct from Sophos
                                       TYPE=o From your own server
                                       TYPE=n Disable auto-updating
  --update-source-path=ADDRESS       Enable auto-updating from specified
                                       address
  --update-source-username=USERNAME  Username for accessing update source
  --update-source-password=PASSWORD  Password for accessing update source
  --update-vendors=VENDORS-LIST      Comma-separated list of additional
                                       distributions (redhat, suse, turbo)
                                       that auto-update must support
  --update-cache-path=DIRECTORY      Directory for local update cache
  --update-period=HOURS              Update interval in hours
  --update-group=NAME                Name for this configuration
  --update-proxy-address=URL         Address for HTTP proxy
Creating links so Perl-SAVI module compiles

Fetching latest IDE virus identities from www.sophos.com
Could not calculate Sophos version number,  at /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-autoupdate line 152.
Done.
"

Any help appreciated on this.
Thanks