Multiple confusions on my part.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 26 23:43:10 IST 2008

on 9-26-2008 1:35 PM Steve Campbell spake the following:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 9-26-2008 9:21 AM Steve Campbell spake the following:
>>> Thanks Martin and Julian;
>>>
>>> I'm still seeing the DNSBL-A, junk in the debug output, but I can
>>> keep digging for that.
>>>
>>> I never knew where all those DNSBL checks came from, so that was a
>>> big help Martin.
>>>
>>> The new init script seem to work. I tried stopping, starting,
>>> reloading and anything else I could think of and the only problem I
>>> found was that when I did a stop, my phone rang! :-)
>>>
>> We all get that darn telephone ringing bug (feature?). I also get it
>> when I *don't* run MailScanner stop.
> I have a problem going on where one person is getting too much spam, and
> the person sitting beside them argues for more. An easy fix, though. But
> then the next week, the same two argue for the exact opposite.

I had a user complain that I didn't do anything and they got too much spam...
So I gave them *ALL* of it. For the whole company. Even high scoring stuff.
They never complained again!  ;-P

Member in good standing of the BOFH West Coast chapter, US division

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and