Moving to a new server

Gregg LainJr. gregg at mochabomb.com
Thu Sep 25 15:07:28 IST 2008

I do this a lot - might as welll script it also..

To backup:
mysqldump -h hostname.tld -u user -pPassword database-name > database-date.sql

to restore on same or another machine::
mysql -h hostame.tld -u user -pPassword database-name < databasefile.sql

Yes there is no space after the -p....

hostname is most likely localhost...

Gregg