OT: awstats on yum repository

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 18 00:21:06 IST 2008

on 9-10-2008 11:01 PM Hugo van der Kooij spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> I don't have the mailscanner-wrapper on my system, but it still updated
>> the old rpm. Everything works so I don't see any problem
>
> The wrapper is there as a convenience. Not all dependencies of the
> MailScanner packages are done automatically. So every dependency I noted
>  that was not taken care of in the MailScanner package has been added to
> the wrapper.
>
> If you have no need for the wrapper, that's fine by me.
>
> Hugo.
I probably didn't need the wrapper since this machine had mailscanner
installed already. Definitely would be needed on a fresh install from the wrapper.
I think this is great if you have time to keep it up. Once you get it
automated, it probably doesn't take too long to keep it going.

Too bad Julian doesn't map his easy install rpm tarball to a fixed symlink.
Then it could probably run on autopilot for months at a time.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and