Error on start cannot open config file

Kate Kleinschafer kate at rheel.co.nz
Mon Sep 15 22:22:37 IST 2008

Hi all,

I have just done a fresh install of CentOS 5.2 and installed postfix
(then done rpm -e sendmail) clamav and MailScanner.
When I try and start MailScanner (after stopping the postfix service) I
get the following error:
MailScanner: Cannot open config file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf,
Permission denied at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 657.

If I change in MailScanner.conf Run as user = postfix to Run as user =
then it works.

I would really appreciate any advice on how to get this operational.

Thanks
Kate

Apologies if this comes through twice - I thought I had changed my list email but it doesn't seem to be working.