Desperately trying to debug poor spam scanning performance

Ben Tisdall ben.tisdall at photobox.com
Mon Sep 15 11:28:25 IST 2008

Hi all,

I've tried over the weekend to optimise spam processing speed on this
box but with no major gains.

Here's some data that might be useful (jitter is my home box & newacorn
the not-yet-deployed production box).

Speed Logging
=============

gmail => test => home

Spam Checks = no

newacorn:

11:12:31 Spam Checks completed at 43536 bytes per second

jitter:

11:12:37 Spam Checks completed at 60548 bytes per second

Spam Checks = yes

newacorn:

11:15:17 Spam Checks completed at 491 bytes per second

jitter:

11:15:26 Spam Checks completed at 1778 bytes per second

bonnie++ results:
=================

https://jitter.tisdall.org.uk/pub/mstest/ms_disk.html

Perl modules diff:

https://jitter.tisdall.org.uk/pub/mstest/ms_modules_diff.txt

Let me know if any further info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ben.

--