R: Spamassassin Timeout issue.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 11 00:03:10 IST 2008

on 9-10-2008 3:26 PM Andrew MacLachlan spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> I think you can also get some timeouts if you are hitting the spamhaus
>> blacklisting for too many queries. I do believe they are on by default
>> in spamassassin. I know you can get hit if spamhaus is in your MTA,
>> but I assume the same could happen to spamassassin.
>>
> There's the thing - having read the Spamhaus Usage page
> (http://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage.html) it's immediately
> obvious that it's not a good idea to enable it by default in SA (even
> though I like the service):

Don't completely trust their docs. I have been blacklisted, and couldn't have
hit that criteria on my system. But it is their service, and they can regulate
it how they see fit. I can't justify paying for it to stop what messages are
left after the other blacklists I use are done.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and