Italian spam

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Sep 8 22:09:56 IST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 02:57:35PM +0200, Marcello Anderlini wrote:
> I have these file in /root/.spamassassin. In /var/spool/MailScanner/ I have
> not nothing except a  SpamAssassin.cache.db in
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>
> I do not use spamd but spamassassin it's called from Mailscanner.
>
> It's correct ?

So if you run sa-learn as root, it updates the bayes files in
 /root/.spamassassin/

If MailScanner is also running as root, it is probably also using the same
bayes files and should be learning from your sa-learn, but if it is running
as some other user it may be using a different set.

Try

  find / -name bayes.mutex

and see if you find any other sets of spamassassin bayes files.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,