AW: Using Spamd rather than the SpamAssassin Library

Matt Hampton spamlists at coders.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 21:36:08 IST 2008

Drew Marshall wrote:

> No, just delete the actual file that line relates to so when MS
> restarts it builds a new one.
The reason for this is that an extra field is added to the cache for the
username - this means that if you choose to use different usernames then
result for one doesn't influence the results of another one.

> This is (IMHO) the greatest advantage to Matt's solution over the
> custom function that Steve posted, the cache is retained and you can
> have the memory advantages of using spamd and per user configs etc.

To be fair I hadn't seen Steve's post.

I wrote the code in July and left it running (brave/stupid) when I went
on holiday at the beginning of August.  Didn't come get home when
planned (over running building works at home) and was limited to my
works 3G card - didn't fancy downloading the 12,000 messages over that :-)

> Works great here!
Cool.

Has anyone else braved it yet?

matt