AW: Using Spamd rather than the SpamAssassin Library

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sat Sep 6 20:19:59 IST 2008

On 6 Sep 2008, at 20:11, Ehle, Roland wrote:

> Matt,
>
> just to make sure, I did not misunderstand:
>
> is it necessary to remove the configuration line
>
> SpamAssassin Cache Database File =
>
> from /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf?

No, just delete the actual file that line relates to so when MS
restarts it builds a new one. This is (IMHO) the greatest advantage to
Matt's solution over the custom function that Steve posted, the cache
is retained and you can have the memory advantages of using spamd and
per user configs etc.

Works great here!

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
 content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ