Strangest Thing...

Adam Gross agross at gcpsite.com
Wed Sep 3 13:30:09 IST 2008

Today I come in to find my MailScanner boxes sitting at a steady 85% CPU
but doing nothing.  After taking a peak in syslog I quickly discovered
that for some reason MailScanner couldn't write to my quarantine
directory!  With a quick chown (chown postfix:www-data
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine on Ubuntu/Debian) I was instantly back
in business and my queues flushed dry within a few minutes.  I haven't
logged into my MailScanner boxes in weeks and came in to find this today
which I thought to be quite strange.  I wanted to pass this along to the
list just in case I'm not the only one coming in to this strangeness
this morning.

-Adam

believed to be clean.
Processed by MS01.