A bit OT: strange spikes in RBL-blocked connections

PSI Mailbag mailbag at partnersolutions.ca
Fri Oct 24 20:16:05 IST 2008

> Anybody else noticed that?

I do see occasional spikes on my RBL hits, which is normal, but in the
past 24 hours I've seen a very large increase in RBL hits (ZEN) on my
side. Yesterday I had a total of 360k RBL rejections. Today I'm already
up to 700k, and the day isn't event finished yet. These rejections are
indeed all valid, as I've matched the majority of the IP's from previous
rejections to make sure that it wasn't a rogue RBL knocking everything
out.

-Joshua