no such file or directory errors in logwatch

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:00:11 IST 2008

2008/10/16 Kate Kleinschafer <kate at rheel.co.nz>:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting lots of these in my logwatch email
>
> writing to
> /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20081016/spam/CFB2162E753.73A42: No such
> file or directory : 1 Time(s)
>
> I think it may be related to the fact that MailScanner hasn't been creating
> the quarantine/2008101. folders for the last couple of days
> (I've had to manually create them)
> Originally I thought it was permissions but I have made them postfix:apache
> (which is correct against the mailscanner.conf file.
>
> Could someone give me some things to check as I don't yet know enough about
> how / when these folders are created to trouble shoot much further.
> Also there doesn't seem to be any errors relating to this in the maillog.
>
> Thanks
> Kate
What do you have for Run As and the diverse permissionsin MailScanner.conf?
Can your postfix user actually create the needed quarantine
directories? You check this with:
su - postfix -s /bin/bash
... and then use normal commands like cd, mkdir (and ls) to check that
it can do what is needed.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn