Recommendations for secondary virus scanner

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 9 17:26:29 IST 2008

on 10-9-2008 2:16 AM Ben Tisdall spake the following:
> Ben Tisdall wrote:
>> Alex Broens wrote:
>>> F-Prot = fast, affordable, atm: good detection rates.
>>> GData & Avira are doing very well as well - you'l have to check pricing.
>>>

> I'm confused by this whole 'licensing' thing (I normally leave that to
> the Windows admin sitting opposite me :)
>
> In general (and with F-prot in particular) is it necessary to use the
> 'mailserver' editions of these products? from a licensing standpoint?
>
>>From a technical standpoint I assume MS would do just as well with the
> workstation version.

Mailscanner only needs a commandline scanner. How the different companies
decide to charge you is totally up to them and their need for cashflow.

Since you have a windows admin, have him check if you get a linux command line
scanner license included with any desktop virus scanners you purchase.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and