Mqueue.in just keeps growing...

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Wed Oct 8 21:47:42 IST 2008

>You probably updated something and broke perl. Install the latest
>MailScanner beta on top of your existing installation - that'll
>probably fix a lot of things.

Well I tried your suggestion, and although the latest (stable) version
installed just fine over the old, I'm having the exact same problem.

Now when I run MailScanner in debug mode, I get a little more data from
the stdout/command line, I get the following:

[root at server1 MailScanner]# MailScanner --debug

Currently you are using no virus scanners.
This is probably not what you want.

In your /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file, set
    Virus Scanners = clamav
Then download

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.g
Unpack it, "cd" into the directory and run ./install.sh

In Debugging mode, not forking...
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
SpamAssassin temp dir =
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Building a message batch to scan...

But nothing ever happens and I don't get much from the maillog either.
I've disabled clamav temporarily thinking it may be playing a part in
this problem, but evidently not. Next I will try disabling spamassassin
and RBLs.

There has to be a way to find out why MailScanner is not picking up mail
from mqueue.in via some troubleshooting method I would think.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Max