dirty problem with clamscan 0.94

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Oct 1 22:23:42 IST 2008

on 10-1-2008 12:40 PM Steve Campbell spake the following:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 10-1-2008 12:01 PM Milos Wimmer spake the following:
>>
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using MailScanner in conjunction with ClamAV clamscan antivirus
>>> engine. I found problem after upgrade ClamAV to version 0.94.
>>> All looked fine (no warnings in log files), but clamscan did not scan
>>> any file inside MailScanner.
>>>
>>> I found problem is caused by change of clamscan-0.94 options :-(
>>>
>>> Previous versions support options --unzip, --jar, --tar, --max-ratio and
>>> other while clamscan-0.94 does not.
>>> When you run "clamscan --unzip file" from command line, it writes:
>>> clamscan: unrecognized option `--unzip'
>>> ERROR: Unknown option passed.
>>> ERROR: Can't parse the command line
>>>
>>> and file does not check.
>>>
>>> MailScanner set these options inside of wrapper/clamav-wrapper file
>>> in ExtraScanOptions parametr.
>>> Similar thing is in SweepViruses.pm file for --unrar option.
>>>
>>> When I comment out setting of all these options, clamscan works inside
>>> MailScanner again nice.
>>>
>>> Please look at this problem - people using clamscan think they are safe,
>>> but they are not now. Clamscan-0.94 does not check anything inside
>>> MailScanner...
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>>  Milos
>>>
>> It is already fixed in the new betas. Stable is usually released every
>> other
>> month unless a large change warrants a release sooner.
>> Most people aren't using clamscan since it is the most memory and
>> processor
>> intensive way to use clam with mailscanner.
>>

> I must have the pickiest users in the world, as if mail goes down for
> one minute, I start getting calls. I suppose I could "startin" and maybe
> "startout" and load the Beta. I thought I found all of the instances of
> the ExtraScanOptions to remove the problem, but see I really haven't.
>
> So, if anyone knows where all these ExtraScanOption statements are, it
> would be great if someone could post them so I(we) could remove them. It
> would be even better if it just happened to consist of a few files that
> could be replaced from the Beta.
>
> I work at a newspaper (actually more than one - a morining and evening
> publication) and it doesn't leave much time to fiddle with things. Seems
> like the first thing they teach journalist at college is to say "I'm on
> deadline", and if they say it to an email admin, they have to append
> "and I'm expecting an important email".
>
> Sorry to be so whiny, but I finally took the time to upgrade from an
> ancient version just last week, and I don't think they'd sit still for
> another bout of upgrades. AOL also was blocking our new IP ranges, so
> Halloween came early around here and it was a week from hell.
>
> Thanks so much for any help.
>
> Steve Campbell

I don't remember what changed, and I can't find the thread where Julian posted
a fix. I think it was either sweepviruses.pm or clamav-wrapper, or maybe both.
You could get those from the beta and swap them if someone verifies what was
changed.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and