GREPing Maillog

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Oct 1 18:17:00 IST 2008

Don't know about FreeBSD but plain 'ole grep -A would be what you are
looking for. grep -A 4 something maillog will return what you are looking
for plus the next four lines. If there is more than one match the matches
will be separated by a line of "---" chars. Of course you can redirect
output to a file as normal, or you can pipe through tee if you want it going
to stdout and a file(s)

Rick

  _____