MailScanner's /usr/sbin/update_spammassassin doesn't restart spamd

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 19 15:46:55 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:31:21PM +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:29:45 -0800:
>
> > It does the sa-compile if you have an uncommented
> >
> > loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody
> >
> > in /etc/mail/spamassassin/*pre
>
> I don't see this. Where's your knowledge from?

The following in /usr/sbin/update_spamassassin

# If we have sa-compile and they are using the Rule2XSBody plugin then compile
if test -x $SACOMPILE && grep -q '^loadplugin.*Rule2XSBody' /etc/mail/spamassassin/*pre 2>/dev/null ; then
  $SACOMPILE >>$LOGFILE 2>&1
fi

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,