Question about MS/MW/SA performance

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Nov 18 00:22:18 GMT 2008

on 11-17-2008 5:19 AM Jonas Akrouh Larsen spake the following:
> <Jonas
> <
> <
> <worth a go. Set up as per the instructions and see if indeed your
> <setup goes faster.
> <
> <if it does then it's worth adding it to the wiki - theres a section on
> <getting most out of spamassassin which may be the best place to put
> <info about this and mysql bayes etc.
>
> Hehe well yes Martin I could do that, but I was hoping somebody else had
> already tried it, or atleast had enough insight into the mailscanner code,
> jules?, to be able to say if it would be an advantage...
>
> My time, like everyone else's, is limited :)

Since the default for MailScanner is to use spamassassin modules directly,
there is no persistence that can be capitalized on except for normal
filesystem caching when things are repeatedly opened and closed. If you use
the patches floating around to use spamd, it might be of more help.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and