Question about MS/MW/SA performance

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Mon Nov 17 09:39:43 GMT 2008

Hi List

I recently saw a plugin for spamassassin that might be of interest to the
MailScanner community.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DBIPlugin

So as far as I can tell the advantage is that it will keep a persistent
connection to any db spamassassin might use (AWL from sql, bayes from sql
etc).

But I cannot figure out how this relates when you run spamassassin from
inside MailScanner (I run it the normal way, not involving spamd or anything
else fancy)

So would I benefit from this plugin, or does MailScanner already provides
its own persistent connection?

I run latest MailScanner and latest spamassassin, and I store bayes and awl
in mysql.