SARE Rules worth it?

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Nov 14 18:37:35 GMT 2008

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> 2008/11/14 Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:
>
>> Martin Hepworth wrote:

>>> Definitely worth it, also consider the sought.cf ruleset and of course
>>> running sa-update on a regular (daily) basis.
>>>

>> After visiting the taint.org site, and reviewing the sought.cf stuff, can
>> someone explain to me whether I should somehow integrate this into my
>> sa-update script that I already have, or whether I am supposed to use the
>> script as standalone that the website provides.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve Campbell
>>

> steve
>
> the taint.org site tells you how to install the gpg key into sa-update
> and use sa-update to update it regularly.
>
> http://taint.org/2007/08/15/004348a.html

Thanks Martin,

The problem is that there is fuzziness in my mind again. Mailscanner (I
think by way of Julian's SA install.sh) places a script in cron.daily
called update_spamassassin that calls sa-update. It makes reference
someplace to review /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner for additions to the
default. I can't remember where I saw that. So, do I run the example
from taint.org as a standalone call from my crontab, or do I add
something somewhere so that the update_spamassassin script incorporates
the stuff from the taint page, and where and how do I do that?

steve