testing rules sets with --value=

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:44:32 GMT 2008

2008/11/13 Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com>:
> Greg Matthews wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find a list of options for --value=option when testing
>> rulesets?
>
> Take the name of any option in MailScanner.conf and remove any whitespace
> and that is it's 'external' name which can be used for --value=.
>
> For example:
>
> Spam Checks = /path/to/ruleset..
>
> $ MailScanner --value=spamchecks --to=blah at blah.com
>
> And MailScanner will return the result of the ruleset of the current value
> of the option.
>
> Hope that clears it up for you.
>
> Regards,
> Steve.
I think the file enumerating the ... translation ... from "Human
Readible" to "Jules Readible"(:-) has been mentioned at least *some*
time... I'm not at even remotely close to any MS box ,,, Is it
ConfigDefs.pl? My memory isnät what it used to be:-).
But as you say, Steve... One needn't bother with that, since all one
needs do is forget the whitespace from the lval in
MailScanner.conf:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn