MS 4.55.10 and Clamscan 0.90 dosen't work

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 8 18:23:00 GMT 2008

Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems to use MS 4.55.10 with clamscan 0.90 clamscan stay
> running and take 99% of CPU I have to set timeout to 60sec and in the
> mail.log I got errors message about "clamav: Failed to complete, timed
> out" and "Virus Scanning: Denial Of Service attack is in message XXXXXX"
> Since sometimes I have some problems with Clamav and MS.
>
> What is the good antivir with MS to replace Clamav ?

The MailScanner.conf file clearly lists the two dozen or so virus
scanners that MailScanner supports. Use any combination you like.

> I use Debian stable ONLY don't tell me to use the last-of-last clamav
> version or the las-of-last MS version.

If you are having problems with old ClamAV versions that no longer
detect most of the current viruses, and a MailScanner that is nearly two
years old and totally unsupported by me, and you won't upgrade, you are
destined to have a very poor system which leaks viruses like a sieve,
and has all sorts of bugs and so on. I'm sure your customers just love
all those viruses :-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng