Upgraded server

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Sat Nov 8 01:27:21 GMT 2008

> > WARNING: ignoring deprecated option -unzip
> >
> You've got old *-wrapper scripts. In an RPM install they are in
> /usr/lib/MailScanner but I don't know where Ubuntu might have put them.

>From what I can tell they're in /etc/MailScanner/wrapper. See the attached
file for an example of the ClamAV one, which I'm actively using. They are
time stamped correctly (2008-10-02), because my old installation was way
over a year old, and all the stuff used to be in /opt, so I really believe
they are the current ones that came with the debian package here:

http://debian.intergenia.de/debian/pool/main/m/mailscanner/mailscanner_4.71.
10-1_all.deb

Which is what the Ubuntu installation instructions tell me to use:

"Install MailScanner from the Debian .deb Source

wget
http://debian.intergenia.de/debian/pool/main/m/mailscanner/mailscanner_4.68.
8-1_all.deb
dpkg -i mailscanner_4.68.8-1_all.deb

Note that the 4.68.8-1 in the 2 commands above should be replaced by the
version number you want to install.
The version number of the latest distribution can be found on the Downloads
page."

So to continue on:

1> If the wrappers in the package are not suitable - should the maintainer
be alerted?
2> Can I get the correct wrapper scripts somewhere without trashing
everything, which I only just got working again?

Regards,
Ed.