can't quite get clamd working properly

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Nov 5 20:10:14 GMT 2008

on 11-5-2008 11:57 AM Steve Campbell spake the following:

> Steve Campbell wrote:
>> Thanks very much, Mark.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> Mark Nienberg wrote:

>>> untar the install-Clam-SA.tar.gz file
>>>
>>> cd into the directory it creates
>>>
>>> cd into perl-tar directory
>>>
>>> untar the clamav.tar.gz file
>>>
>>> cd into the directory it creates
>>>
>>> ./configure
>>> make uninstall
>>>

>>> Mark Nienberg
>
> OK, the fog is rolling in again. Some more explaining is in order.
>
> I see that I need to install the clamav, clamav-db, and clamd rpms. The
> clamav versions on Dag's repo is only at 0.92.1-1, while Julian just
> released 0.94.1. I've trashed my rpm DB, and am building it from
> scratch, so I can't tell if the rpmsource rpms are any newer.
>
> What versions of what should I be using, and does Julians ClamAV-SA
> install the proper clamd or just the clamavmodule and clamav stuff?
>
> Sorry to be so dense, but the fog is rolling. Thanks
>
> Steve

You can't download the files from Dag's website reliably anymore. You have to
enable the rpmforge yum repo to get up-to-data clamav rpm's.

I know it works, because I just did it less than an hour ago.
I also converted my last holdout box from the perl module to clamd.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and