can't quite get clamd working properly

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Nov 5 19:57:13 GMT 2008

Steve Campbell wrote:
> Thanks very much, Mark.
>
> Steve
>
> Mark Nienberg wrote:
>> Steve Campbell wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the specific link, but I'm a little confused about where
>>> I go to uninstall the old ClamAV if I used Julian's install script,
>>> install.sh. It might be hitting me in the face, but I'm not able to
>>> find mine using the documentation, and reading the install.sh
>>> doesn't seem to point me there either.
>>>
>> untar the install-Clam-SA.tar.gz file
>>
>> cd into the directory it creates
>>
>> cd into perl-tar directory
>>
>> untar the clamav.tar.gz file
>>
>> cd into the directory it creates
>>
>> ./configure
>> make uninstall
>>

>> Mark Nienberg

OK, the fog is rolling in again. Some more explaining is in order.

I see that I need to install the clamav, clamav-db, and clamd rpms. The
clamav versions on Dag's repo is only at 0.92.1-1, while Julian just
released 0.94.1. I've trashed my rpm DB, and am building it from
scratch, so I can't tell if the rpmsource rpms are any newer.

What versions of what should I be using, and does Julians ClamAV-SA
install the proper clamd or just the clamavmodule and clamav stuff?

Sorry to be so dense, but the fog is rolling. Thanks

Steve