can't quite get clamd working properly

Jeff Mills Jeff.Mills at versacold.com.au
Wed Nov 5 00:22:53 GMT 2008

I run postfix/mailscanner also and my clamav user is clamav.
It does not need to be the postfix user.

My socket setup is:

LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock

However, I'm using TCP via 127.0.0.1
The port config in your setup, I believe, does not mean anything if you
are using local socket as opposed to TCP (TCPSocket 3310).