Where are attachments being stopped?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 29 20:38:47 IST 2008

Rick Duval wrote:
> I'm using a standard install of MailScanner.
>
> Almost all attachments are being removed. I've looked in
> filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf and they're OK.
What do all the report attachments say?
(i.e. what the attachments are replaced with)
That will give you some clue as to why they are being removed.

It's the report lines in the middle of the replacement attachment that
will tell you what's going on. Also read your /var/log/maillog and see
what it is telling you about the attachments.

Come back to us once you have got that information, and once you have
looked for those strings in the /etc/MailScanner directory.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM