Mailscanner watermarks and compatibility with other systems

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Mon May 26 12:37:03 IST 2008

> So you got a local database of all valid email adresses on each domain
> at the MS installation? if so I want to know how you implemented this,
> as you are saying that you do not control all systems ? Do you sync
> the exchange user db ?

With Exchange 2003 and a decent MTA in front there is no need for that.
Teach Exchange to only accept valid e-mail addresses (no problem with
Exchange 2003, easy task with addon tools for exchange 2000 and maybe
5.5). Then use whatever does recipient-callouts (exim has this builtin,
postfix too AFAIK, there are milters for sendmail that do this).
Finished.

Regards,
  JP