ClamAV 0.93 released

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Fri May 23 13:12:49 IST 2008

There won't be much to test on the new release. As of 0.93 the clam source
dropped several items and replaced (most) with new. The latest Mail::ClamAV
will depend on the new vars when it pulls libclamav so it's not going to
work below version 0.93. This is the reason it must be updated everytime the
clam developers change the internals in a non-backward friendly way (which
is about every time)

Rick

 >  1. Old+old:  We know that the combined earlier versions work.
 >
 >  2. New ClamAV + old Mail::ClamAV:  It has been reported that the new
 >     ClamAV (0.93) breaks with older Mail::ClamAV (0.20/0.21).  Could
 >     someone provide details of what this breakage is?  Is
 > there a quick
 >     recipe to reproduce the problem that ClamAV 0.93 had introduced?
 >
 >  3. New + new: Julian's Clam+SA package would ultimately be
 > new+new.  Can
 >     we verify that this fixes any previously verified
 > breakage?  Also that
 >     it does not seem to introduce any new problems.
 >
 >  4. Old ClamAV + new Mail::ClamAV: There are inevitably
 > sites which use
 >     other sources (not Julian's package).  Can we check what
 > happens with
 >     if someone were to upgrade their Mail::ClamAV module but
 > leave the
 >     main ClamAV software back on 0.92?  (Probably not too
 > important, but
 >     it would be a nice data point to complete the set...)
 >
 > Given Julian's sadly enforced absence from work, I'm sure he would
 > appreciate it if we can do this tabulation for him.
 >

 > --
 >
 > :  David Lee                                I.T. Service          :
 > :  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
 > :  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
 > :                                           South Road            :
 > :  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :
 > :  Phone: +44 191 334 2752                  U.K.                  :

 > believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.