china spam

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:10:46 IST 2008

> We're steadily getting more spam from china relayed through legit
> hotmail and yahoo servers which is slipping through
> MailScanner(example header below). Is there any way to combat these ?
> Just blacklisting anything with an ip from country X would work too
> although I don't know what to use to do this.

Same here. As the "email" is rather short, MailScanner doesn't pick up
anything. I don't think there is much room for classification - the mail
is rather short, with a varying link.

Do you run DCC/Pyzor and friends?

For now, report those accounts with Yahoo:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/abuse.html

I did with all the spam I've got. Within 1 day the accounts get deleted.

Cheers.