Can you run MailWatch on a different server?

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon May 19 22:18:38 IST 2008

Michael St. Laurent wrote:
> Is it possible to run MailWatch on a different server than the system
> running MailScanner?

Yes you can, you can also run a centralised database, and enable RPC
style calls so that items quanrantined on remote servers can be
effectively released from the central server.  I edited the Mailwatch
code to do this, because if you enable the centralised database
settings, it removes the ability to do this.

I run a central database server with Mailwatch on it for multiple
scanners...

P.

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
and is believed to be clean.
Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [-].
http://www.inexcom.co.uk