HOLD mail for certain recipients and do not process by MS

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:22:12 IST 2008

Hi,

I'm in need of a very dirty hack (don't ask).
I'm using postfix + MailScanner with the HOLD method for all incoming mail.

Now I need to HOLD some recipients indefinately and NOT process them by
MS at all. The queue files must sit around and nothing should be
done to them.

The 2 alternatives I see:

1) Can postfix be instructed to have another queue created (with
behaviour as the hold queue, but with name "locked") where I can direct
recipients to in their original queue file form?

I was thinking of setting up a seperate postfix method (in master.cf)
that will take care of those, but I'm a bit lost if that's even possible
despite of all the special docs I have.

2) Can MailScanner be instructed to MOVE certain recipients as whole
queue files to some directory?

I was thinking of the Archive Mail functionality, but a quick test with
a rule didn't succeed.

$> mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/LOCKED && chown postfix:postfix $_

In MailScanner.conf:

Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.conf

/etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.conf:

To:	holdme at domain.com	/var/spool/MailScanner/LOCKED