MailWatch Spam Learn / Bayes DB

Mohammed Alli malli at mcrirents.com
Mon May 12 05:09:21 IST 2008

________________________________

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info on behalf of Brett Carruthers
Sent: Sun 5/11/2008 8:25 PM
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Subject: MailWatch Spam Learn / Bayes DB

Hi,

I have a few week old install of MailScanner / MailWatch / Scalix on CentOS 5.1 and my bayes DB is going OK but is still giving me 0% chances on some spam mail.

So I want to train it a bit more so the bayes works even better.

What do I have to do to get MailWatch to be able to manually spam/ham learn on its 'Message Operations' report?

Currently, if I try and learn spam it gives me an error about the message not being in the quarantine eg.

Message m4BK4Wg4005306 not found in quarantine

Some settings from MailScanner.conf

--

Quarantine dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

Quarantine Infections = yes

Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

Quarantine Whole Message = yes

Spam Actions = store-spam

High Scoring Spam Actions = delete (don't need to worry about these as its already learnt these are Spam!)

Non Spam Actions = deliver store header "X-Spam-Status: No"

If anyone could lean me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett,

Try the following to fix your message operation error:

9.23 Fix for the Reporting Function in Message Operations

Change the following in /var/www/mailscanner/do_message_ops.php file:

$id = $Regs[1];

$id = str_replace("_", ".",$Regs[1]);

Good Luck

Mohammed