MailScanner restart problem.

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Sat May 10 01:43:04 IST 2008

I'm building a new system, and today I rebooted it and MailScanner did
not come up.

So I started it by hand with the init script, and I got this message:

# /etc/init.d/mailscanner restart
 * Restarting mail spam/virus scanner MailScanner                                                                            No MailScanner found running; none killed.
 is only avaliable with the XS version at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Archive/Zip.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/Message.pm line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/Message.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 80.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 80.

Does anybody know what might have happened?

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 server AMD64.  I recently installed a few perl
modules...

Thanks!
Rick