Correct setting for ClamAV...

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu May 8 23:03:37 IST 2008

I just updated MailScanner and ClamAV and noticed a slight discrepency
in the instructions.  After running upgrade_MailScanner it printed the
following:

Important Note
--------------
Your setting for 'Monitors for ClamAV Updates' is broken.
It should look like this (unless your ClamAV is installed
somewhere else)
Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /usr/local/share/clamav/*.inc/*
/usr/local/share/clamav/*.cvd
(watch the linewrap)

In the MailScanner.conf.rpmnew file however it had the following line:
  Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /usr/local/share/clamav/*.cld
/usr/local/share/clamav/*.cvd
(again, it's probably wrapped)

I went w/the rpmnew setting as I have cld & cvd files, but no *.inc
directories.

Is that the correct thing to do?  If so, please correct the
upgrade_MailScanner program so the warning is output correctly.

If not, I guess the default MailScanner.conf file needs to be corrected.

Thanks much...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500