OT: netiquette (was: The Perfect SpamSnake - Ubuntu 8.04 TLS)

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri May 2 10:02:42 IST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org> wrote:
>  BTW, you didn't see that comment from Res' because it was sent to me,  just
> thought I would share it with you so you understand how you come across
> sometimes, take it on board, and make yourself a better person for it...

Maybe you shouldn't use Res as an example. :-) A guy who got in so
much trouble on this list he asked to be removed from it himself and
the wish was granted, then he subscribed again to lurk and posts
privately to people which all in all is kind of silly if you ask me.
In my mind Hugo is very reasonable compared to what I have read from
Res. After all, this list is populated by e-mail admins, if they are
"educated" about top-posting, how threading works and my favorite -
trimming replies, they might influence their users and we will have a
better world. :-)

--
/peter