MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.69.8 released

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:56:07 IST 2008

>I have just released the latest stable release of MailScanner, 4.69.

>There's quite a lot this month, but the main new features this month are:

>- - Can now extract embedded files from within Microsoft Office documents
>and subject them to all the file tests like any other attachments.
FYI, I hope our problem with defunct processes doesn't start popping up all
over the place with this new feature.  We had to disable this feature to get
our MailScanner stable again but use another new feature Julian added for us
in this release.

----SNIP of "Re: MailScanner defunct processes" -----
>The only way to disable the Storage_Lite code is to comment out the
>calls to sub "ExtractOle" in Message.pm (in
>/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner). Otherwise it is automatically used
>whenever it sees an attachment which starts with the "magic" strings
>that define a Microsoft Office document.
I ended up commenting out 2 lines that were a single call to UnpackOle
and mail is flowing again with no defunct processes.
----SNIP of "Re: MailScanner defunct processes" -----

--
Dave Jones