Sa-update problem

Ricky Boone ricky.boone at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:45:06 IST 2008

Gregory Wong wrote:
> Hi everyone. I was trying to run sa-update on both of my mail scanning
> servers but get the following error message:
>
> root at smtp1:~# sa-update
> Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/perl5
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/bin/sa-update line 78.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/sa-update line 78.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this? I’m pretty sure I already have perl
> installed...

Looks like you're missing the Archive::Tar perl module.  Preferred
installation of perl modules depends on your operating system.  For
example, I use CentOS and get this particular perl module from RPMforge.

However a common way is to use CPAN:

<http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_install_Perl_modules>

For example:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Archive::Tar'