Mailscanner acts crazy since yesterday

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 29 15:53:52 GMT 2008

L.M.J wrote:
> Le Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:16:14 -0700,
> Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> a écrit :
>

>> This just reinforces my previous statement that many people don't even pay
>> attention to this list unless they have a problem.
>>
>> <Sysop hastily climbs on soap box and begins rant>
>>
>> Come on people! Pay attention! There is a lot of good stuff pouring from some
>> of the fine minds on this list.
>> Look.
>> Listen.
>> Pay attention.
>> You will be a better admin for your users, and your job will be easier.
>> You might even catch problems and fix them BEFORE the boss is calling you!
>>
>> Then when you have these super skills, you can give back by helping with some
>> of the questions and leave more time for Julian and the many other
>> contributors to sharpen MailScanner to an even finer edge!!!
>>

>> </rant>
>>

> you are totally right rant but you should also know i'm trying to pay attention at a couple of mailing-list +
> maitain a quite huge quantity of Linux / SunOS / AIX servers running a bunch of service who could be Apache,
> MySQL, Oracle, SAP, MailScanner ;), NFS shares, FTP servers, Samba servers, maintenance scripts and so soon.
> At least, I have been the first to notify emails was all marked as SPAM
>
>   Thanks for the help, the problem is solved! Glad to use this software & OSS

I'm just glad to hear we got the problem fixed for you.

But, in future, please spend 5 minutes searching the mailing list
archives. Googling for "mailscanner mailing list archive" took me
straight to the list archive, and just cruising this month's Subject:
lines very quickly led to the answer. Took about 2 minutes in total.

Thanks!

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng