Spam Assasin Timeouts

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 24 18:17:15 GMT 2008

on 3-24-2008 6:44 AM Mogens Melander spake the following:
> Hi all
>
> I'm also seeing "a lot" of "Message Content Protection SpamAssassin timed out and was killed".
>
> The number of messages recieved per day is stable between 1500 and 2500.
>
> I've been looking at log-files, and can't find anyting to put my finger on, other than the number
> of timeout's per date, and system load (increased from 0.1 to 0.3):
>
> "Mar 10"   0 timeout's
> "Mar 11"   0 timeout's
> "Mar 12"   0 timeout's (Updated from MailScanner-4.60.8 to MailScanner-4.67.6-1)
> "Mar 13"   0 timeout's
> "Mar 14"   0 timeout's
> "Mar 15"   0 timeout's
> "Mar 16"  82 timeout's
> "Mar 17" 141 timeout's
> "Mar 18"  45 timeout's
> "Mar 19" 156 timeout's
> "Mar 20" 130 timeout's
> "Mar 21" 110 timeout's
> "Mar 22" 723 timeout's
>
> Hmm, watching the maillog scroll up on the console, i notice that every "MCP Checks: Starting"
> results in a timeout.

MCP rules are stored in /etc/MailScanner/mcp. What do you have there?

AFAIR you need a v320.pre file in that directory with a minimum of the following;

      # Check - Provides main check functionality
      #
      loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and