Recommended antivirus scanners

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sun Mar 23 01:40:18 GMT 2008

on 3-21-2008 4:14 PM Paul Welsh spake the following:
> I see that bitdefender has a new version and that it's no longer free
> except for personal use.
>
> I'm using the old version which, presumably, will stop being able to
> handle the updates if it hasn't already stopped.  Does anyone know?
>
> I'm also using Clam.
>
> Having done a search of the sites of the supported products, only f-prot
> (which I was using before I found out about bitdefender) appears to
> offer server based licensing for $300 pa.
>
> Since Clam is as good as anything else, I suppose the question is
> whether it's worth using f-prot as a second scanner and if so, which one?
First thing: Please don't hijack message threads.

That said... Check into your desktop virus scanner contracts if you are a
business. Some entitle you to use of the commandline scanners ( at least
McAfee does). That gives you another one at no extra cost.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and