Recommended antivirus scanners

Paul Welsh paul at welshfamily.com
Fri Mar 21 23:14:14 GMT 2008

I see that bitdefender has a new version and that it's no longer free
except for personal use.

I'm using the old version which, presumably, will stop being able to
handle the updates if it hasn't already stopped.  Does anyone know?

I'm also using Clam.

Having done a search of the sites of the supported products, only f-prot
(which I was using before I found out about bitdefender) appears to
offer server based licensing for $300 pa.

Since Clam is as good as anything else, I suppose the question is
whether it's worth using f-prot as a second scanner and if so, which one?