How Many Rbl ??

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Mar 20 21:36:44 GMT 2008

Mikael Syska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That sounds like a interesting setup, that we also might want to use here ...
>
> ATM we have:
> Postfix + MS + SA + AV
>
> 1 RBL at Postfix ....
>
> What MTA are you using ? Sendmail or Postfix ? Seems like a good idea
> to use rbl and if 2 or more hits, do postgrey ..... havent thought of
> it ....

I'm using Sendmail, with milter-greylist to implement the greylist.

milter-greylist's ACLs are really very flexible, and can even do posix basic
regular expressions on host names or email addresses. (or if you turn on an
option, they'll use posix extended regex, but that's off by default for
compatibility reasons.)

The whole thing has really evolved into a powerful ACL system, that just happens
to have greylist as a possible action on ACL match in addition to whitelist and
blacklist.

> If you are not using postfix, you know a way to do it with postfix ?

AFAIK, milter-greylist is also compatible with postfix, at least the
milter-greylist hompage claims it works with postfix 2.3.

It's just a milter, and postfix supports milters, so that seems like a
reasonable claim.

milter-greylist's homepage:

http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/