Spamhaus

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Mar 20 17:43:56 GMT 2008

shuttlebox wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Eric Merkel <merkel at metalink.net> wrote:

>> If I am also using spamassassin, do I need to change it's config to stop
>> using it? I am running a recent copy of MailScanner on Centos 5.1.
>
> Add this to mailscanner.cf (usually in /etc/mail/spamassassin):
>
> score RCVD_IN_SBL 0
> score RCVD_IN_XBL 0
> score RCVD_IN_PBL 0
>
> You may have more of these, grep for RCVD in the file 50_scores.cf in
> the SA rule dir (might be something like /usr/share/spamassassin).

That won't work. Well, it will stop the rules from matching, but won't stop the
DNS lookups from happening.

The way to completely disable an RBL is to assign a zero score to the base rule
for that RBL, not the sub-rules. Look in 20_dnsbl.cf for the corresponding rule
that uses check_rbl, instead of check_rbl_sub. (and yes, this works even when
the base rule isn't scored due to it's name starting with double underscore)

Assuming a reasonably recent version of SpamAssassin you'd use:

score __RCVD_IN_ZEN 0

In older versions it would be:

score __RCVD_IN_SBL_XBL 0