Spamhaus

Brendan Pirie bpirie at rma.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:48:05 GMT 2008

I set this up recently on a new mail gateway, with:

score            RCVD_IN_SBL  0.0
score            RCVD_IN_XBL  0.0
score            RCVD_IN_PBL  0.0

in spam.assassin.prefs.conf (mailscanner.cf is a symlink to this file)
(the whitespace is spaces, not tabs, if it matters, but that appears to
be the way other entries in the file are formatted)

After reading this, on a whim, I decided to run a mailwatch report on
each of these rules, via "Spam Report contains 'RCVD_IN_PBL'" and lo and
behold I got thousands of results for each of the three tests.  I'm
confused.  Shouldn't these tests be disabled with the above settings?

Brendan