no loaded plugin implements 'check_main'

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:24:20 GMT 2008

On 20/03/2008, Allen Jiang <allenjiang at clicktosee.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >Thanks for checking back with us Allen.
>  >Could you try the "spamassassin --lint -D" as the postfix user as well?
>  >Might be as simple as having the wrong permissions on the SA .pre file
>  >containing the LoadPlugin line I mentioned. Also check (with less, or
>  >similar paginator) that you can read all the .pre files... Something
>  >like "less -e /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre", also as the postfix
>  >user... Hopefully it'll be that sinple:-).
>

> Thanks for all!
>  I try the "spamassassin --lint -D" as the postfix user, but i haven't see any wrong.
>  I can read all the .pre files as the postfix user.
>  I have installed two postfix servers, but encount this same wrong!
>

>  -bash-3.00$ spamassassin --lint -D
(snip)

Hm. Not that then (why can't things be simple:-).

Two things come to mind... Either you might have two different
spamassassin installations (one of which is broken), or .... else
there is some problem with your SA (obviously when called from
MS:-)... The first is rather simple to check:
make sure there is only one SpamAssassin.pm on the system... Something like
locate SpamAssassin.pm
or
find / -name SpamAssassin.pm -print
would show that ...
How to clean up... well, that depends on method of install... Which
leads us to the second:
Where did you get the SpamAssassin you are using? From some
repository, or Jules easy installation package? If the former, copuld
you remove it and try install Jules package?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn